Effective date: 25 May 2018
Museum-iD takes data protection seriously. We want you to know you can trust us to respect your privacy and keep your personal information safe. We are committed to protecting your information.
Scope of Policy
We may collect the following information:
• Your name, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, other personally identifiable information;
• Certain demographic profile information to be used in the aggregate. Demographic information is not considered personal information unless it is linked to personal information about a specific user;
• Service provider name and the date, time and content of any messages sent from you to us;
• IP address and other technical information collected from the servers utilized by you, such as information and data that is automatically collected upon visiting the Website (i.e., webpage http headers (home server domain names, internet protocol address, operating system type, browser type and language) and user-specific or aggregate information on what pages you access on the Website). Technical information is not considered personal information unless it is linked to personal information about a specific user
How Information is Collected
We may collect information in one or more of the following ways:
• Through the completion of electronic forms found on the Website;
• Through the completion of paper forms provided to us;
• Through emails sent to us, or vice versa;
• Through telephone calls made to us, or vice versa;
• Through various way (including email, web, face-to-face) to contact professionals who may find our services relevant to their professional or business development
Use of Information / Data Collected
Most of our contacts will have given us explicit consent to process their personal data such as email and postal addresses to provide services or information they are interested in. For others, we may not have explicit consent but believe that we have a legitimate interest to process data because they may find our information and communication relevant for their professional development. We will never sell your data. We will only share your data where there is a legitimate interest – for example: with a mailing house to send you a print edition of the magazine or if you attend one of our events and with your consent we include your name on a delegate list shared with other delegates.
How to Unsubscribe
If you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing list now or at any time, you can do so by emailing email@example.com. We will remove your personal data from our system.
Your data is held securely. We take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of your personally identifiable information. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. However, we do maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
No Information Collected from Children
If you are under the age of 18 or otherwise not of legal age to form a binding contract in your place of residence, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to use the Website. No information is knowingly collected or retained from children, nor is any such information knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside the Website. Children are not eligible to use any services provided by us and we ask that children not submit any personal information to us or visit the Website.
Based upon personally identifiable information we may send you e-mails and information and publications by post. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide any services you request, to provide newsletters or other updates. If, at any time, you no longer want us to contact you by e-mail and/or receive our e-mail newsletters, editorial e-mails and advertorial e-mails, print publications/ and/or print marketing, you may opt out of these functions by emailing unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will remove your personal data from our system.