Museum-iD (“we”, “our”, “us”), operates the website located at the URL www.museum-id.com. Museum-iD respects your privacy rights and is committed to protecting the information we collect from you online.
Effective date: 05 December 2017
Scope of Policy
We may collect the following information:
• Your name, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, other personally identifiable information;
• Certain financial or demographic profile information to be used in the aggregate. Demographic information is not considered personal information unless it is linked to personal information about a specific user;
• Service provider name and the date, time and content of any messages sent from you to us;
• IP address and other technical information collected from the servers utilized by you or your vendors, such as information and data that is automatically collected upon visiting the Website (i.e., webpage http headers (home server domain names, internet protocol address, operating system type, browser type and language) and user-specific or aggregate information on what pages you access on the Website). Technical information is not considered personal information unless it is linked to personal information about a specific user
How Information is Collected
We may collect information in one or more of the following ways:
• Through the completion of electronic forms found on the Website;
• Through the completion of paper forms provided to us;
• Through SMS (Short Message Service) messages sent by e-mail and other communications;
• Through telephone calls made to us, or vice versa;
• Through surveys;
• Through referring websites or third parties, including social media sites such as Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+ and others;
• Through the maintenance and analysis of Website server logs;
• Via “cookies” (small text files placed by us on your computer(s)), website server log analysis and other similar technological means.
Use of Information / Data Collected
We may add your information to our databases to contact you through future e-mails, postal mailings and SMS text-messaging regarding site updates, upcoming events, new products and services and/or the status of orders placed online.
We take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of your personally identifiable information. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
No Information Collected from Children
The content and services provided by us are not intended for children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 18 or otherwise not of legal age to form a binding contract in your place of residence, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to use the Website. No information is knowingly collected or retained from children under the age of 13, nor is any such information knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside the Website. No part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 13. Children are not eligible to use any services provided by us and we ask that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information to us or visit the Website.
Based upon the personally identifiable information that you provide to us, we may send you e-mails. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide any services you request, to provide newsletters or other updates. If, at any time, you no longer want us to contact you by e-mail and/or receive our e-mail subscriptions, editorial e-mails and advertorial e-mails, you may opt out of these functions.