Effective date: 22 May 2018
Museum-iD respects your privacy rights and is committed to protecting your information.
Scope of Policy
We may collect the following information:
• Your name, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, other personally identifiable information;
• Certain demographic profile information to be used in the aggregate. Demographic information is not considered personal information unless it is linked to personal information about a specific user;
• Service provider name and the date, time and content of any messages sent from you to us;
• IP address and other technical information collected from the servers utilized by you, such as information and data that is automatically collected upon visiting the Website (i.e., webpage http headers (home server domain names, internet protocol address, operating system type, browser type and language) and user-specific or aggregate information on what pages you access on the Website). Technical information is not considered personal information unless it is linked to personal information about a specific user
How Information is Collected
We may collect information in one or more of the following ways:
• Through the completion of electronic forms found on the Website;
• Through the completion of paper forms provided to us;
• Through emails sent to us, or vice versa;
• Through telephone calls made to us, or vice versa;
Use of Information / Data Collected
With your agreement we may add your information to our database to contact you through future e-mails regarding upcoming events, publications, services and/or the status of orders placed online. We will never sell your email address or other data. We will only share your data with your consent (for example: if you attend one of our events and you agree to be included on a delegate list shared with other delegates).
How to Unsubscribe
If you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing list now or at any time, you can do so by emailing email@example.com
Your data is held securely. We take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of your personally identifiable information. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
No Information Collected from Children
The content and services provided by us are not intended for children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 18 or otherwise not of legal age to form a binding contract in your place of residence, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to use the Website. No information is knowingly collected or retained from children under the age of 13, nor is any such information knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside the Website. No part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 13. Children are not eligible to use any services provided by us and we ask that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information to us or visit the Website.
Based upon the personally identifiable information that you provide to us, we may send you e-mails. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide any services you request, to provide newsletters or other updates. If, at any time, you no longer want us to contact you by e-mail and/or receive our e-mail newsletters and subscriptions, editorial e-mails and advertorial e-mails, you may opt out of these functions by emailing unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org