Future of Museums: Contribute to our new short essay series
Join the project and add your thoughts on the future of museums
In 2012 we invited museum leaders and innovators from around the world to share their ideas about the future of museums. We received a tremendous response. The 250 word essays were published in issue 10 of Museum-iD magazine and as part of our 487-page Museum Ideas: Innovation in Theory and Practice book. You can read some of the contributions here.
The project proved hugely popular and to help illustrate the vision and purpose of the museums sector worldwide we are now inviting new responses to the question "What will museums be like in the future?"
Contributions should be between 250 - 400 words and the deadline for responses is Wednesday 20th May 2015. The essays will be published in Museum-iD magazine and in Volume 2 of Museum Ideas: Innovation in Theory and Practice. Contributions are welcome from across the entire museum sector and from both new and previous respondents.
Confirmed contributors include:
• Kaywin Feldman, Director and President, Minneapolis Institute of Arts
• Sree Sreenivasan, Chief Digital Officer, Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC
• Silvia Filippini-Fantoni, Director of Interpretation, Indianapolis Museum of Art
• Robert Stein, Deputy Director, Dallas Museum of Art
• Seb Chan, Director of Digital & Emerging Media, Smithsonian, Cooper-Hewitt
• Peter Gorgels, Digital Communication Manager, Rijksmuseum
• Pille Runnel, Research Director, Estonian National Museum
• Gina Koutsika, Head of National & International Programmes & Projects, Imperial War Museums
• Benjamin Hamley, Manager – Audience Research, Strategy & Advocacy, Queensland Museum, Australia
• Dave Patten, Head of New Media, Science Museum
• David Fleming, Director, National Museums Liverpool
• Synthia Griffin, Curator: Regeneration & Community Partnerships, Tate Modern
• Andrew Lewis, Digital Content Delivery Manager, V&A
We hope you will join the project and add your thoughts on the future of museums. If you would like to contribute please email Gregory Chamberlain (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register your interest.
Image credit © Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum